Monday, January 14, 2008

on the water

on saturday, two friends took me to eastbourne where i had my first taste of the sea. (sorry, no pics. i stupidly forgot my camera). as we walked out along the pier, i was surprised at how good it felt to be close to the water -- i had been feeling land-locked and didn't even know it.

along with being overcome by a desire to take an english seaside holiday complete with windbreak and anorak, i also realized how much i missed rowing. i truthfully don't miss the early mornings, but i do miss being in a boat with my hands on my blade and my feet in the stretchers, moving smoothly through sweet water. there are ergs in the castle gym, yes, but ... well ... it's just not the same. what i wouldn't give for just one more morning like this in an 8+ (vid props to former student and fellow rower andrew rastapkevicius):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home