Friday, December 21, 2007

in transit

i'm in the middle of packing up my life here in preparation for my january 1st departure for the ol' drizzly isle where i will reside during a four month visiting fellowship in an edifice i have taken to affectionately referring to as "ye ol' damp, mouldy pile of brick" (not sure what's going on with all of the "ol'"s), also known as herstmonceux castle. the landscape of east sussex awaits, and i'm excited. i'm also sad to be leaving behind my life here where i have been truly happy, even if it's just for four months.

this has been a week of goodbyes (as i'm heading to my mom's for xmas today before flying out of pearson on january 1st), and those that know me in real time know that i absolutely suck at goodbyes. i blubber like the giant sentimental slob that i am. as i try to cram in as much time as humanly possible with those i love, i've been listening a lot to this band, the handsome furs, and their first album, plague park, has become the music of my farewell. i was fortunate enough to catch them on wednesday night at one of my favourite live music venues here in town, the grad club.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home