Monday, January 22, 2007

ouch



i just received my training schedule for rowing in my inbox with a note attached from my coach telling us all to "listen to our bodies". i'm listening, and i can tell you that mine is screaming and kicking like a 3 year-old in the midst of a full-on tantrum. "I. DON'T. WANNA!"

this reluctance puzzles me. this time last year i was salivating for an excel spreadsheet with my workouts mapped out for me. i found days of rest to be insulting and preferred to cross-train. where is this sudden bout of sloth and lethargy coming from?

perhaps i'm missing my erging sessions with S (who is off having a grand time with L in NYC), perhaps i'm indulging a little too much in the luxury my new gym offers (not every workout needs to be followed by 15 minutes in the sauna!). perhaps i'm just in a lazy cycle (you know? like the ebb and flow of neatness? it comes and it goes?).

whatever the reason i've got to kick my substantially larger-than-it -was-in-november ass into gear. megarrifc? are you out there? can you give me a kick? hard.

tomorrow's task? 50 minutes @ 2:25/500m. i can do this.


*the pic is of a fellow queen's student "ass up" at the national indoor erging championships. when you finish your piece on the erg like this, you know you've worked hard enough.

3 Comments:

Blogger 00 said...

WINNERS DO WHAT LOSERS DON'T SMITH!
... ok... ok...I always imagine this is how i'll end up when we start gym-buddying :P

9:16 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda Bonner said...

okay. i had that coming. :p

12:14 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

DUDE! Get your ass in gear. Do the workouts. Even if the first few weeks suck, you'll get back into the groove. I promise! Just slog through it: the motivation will return.

love,
me
*hugs*

5:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home