Saturday, January 27, 2007

hiatus

sometimes i think i'm just a little too tied up in a kind of narrative self-fashioning. too many years of graduate theory classes have left me enthralled with the idea of self as collage. it's an appealing concept, and one that i firmly believe lies behind the motivation for a lot of what i write here. who do i want to be today? i put some words down on a "page" and boom, i've stitched another patch on my identity. it's fun. it's joyful. but all of a sudden, it's become eerie in a way that leaves me on edge.

no doubt i will return here, to write more at a later date. tracing out the contours of my life, trying to assess the terrain is irresistible for me. i once wrote about addictions -- this kind of map-making is one of them. for the moment, however, i need a break.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Confession:

I'm going through serious Shannon-blog withdrawal.

Please come back soon.

I miss you!
(is it possible to miss someone you've only met once?)

5:28 p.m.  
Blogger 00 said...

You will be back, you can't resist... puh-leese...
- signed,
your loving blog

12:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home