Tuesday, January 09, 2007

double digit library fines are for amateurs

until this afternoon, i used to feel horrible pangs of guilt about my history of library fines. i once *deep breath* let them sneak up to a grand total of $50. i would rationalize them away by writing them off as the cost of doing (graduate student) business. i would pay them off using the ingenious "food for fines" campaign run by the library during the winter that allows one to reduce fines by a dollar for every canned good/non-perishable food item one donates to the local food bank. i donated oodles of chicken noodle soup. at the start of each term i'd resolve to never, ever, ever allow them to get as high as they had the term previous.

this afternoon, confessing mermaid made me realize the limitations of my fine-accumulating prowess. i can now say whole-heartedly that double digit library fines are for amateurs, and oh! am i ever an amateur. i not only tip my hat to cm, but i also, while tipping said hat, bow in acknowledgment of her superior abilities. find out the nitty-gritty details of how she managed to accumulate $749 in library fines here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meagan said...

Holy canola! That's a big library fine!!!!! I'm sure I've got fines coming out the wazoo that I have been ignoring. My feeling is that if they still let me check books out, I must be avoiding the libary-fining Gods so far. :)

Dude, call me soon!!!! I am in desperate need of a long chat about Victorian literature and training!

11:05 a.m.  
Blogger Amanda Bonner said...

megariffic? are you around this weekend?

9:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home