Wednesday, December 06, 2006

procrastination presents the soundtrack of my life

CM has provided a wonderful respite from editing paragraphs of my diss chapter. see her post about procrastination (you can get to that all-important, life-saving, career-advancing thing you have to do in a minute).

as per the instructions on her blog, here is the soundtrack to my life, brought you by the shuffle function in iTunes:

Opening Credits: I Surrender Dear – Louis Armstrong
Waking up: L’Automne (Hahn) – Susan Graham
First Day at Highschool: Come Here Boy – Imogen Heap
Falling In Love: L’Hymne Au Printemps – Felix Leclerc
Fight Song: One Girl Revolution – Superchic[k]
Breaking Up: Rambling On My Mind – Robert Johnson
Prom: Where Did You Go? – Peter Murray
Life: I’ve Been Fooled – Eleni Mandell
Mental Breakdown: Discotraxx -- Ladytron
Driving: Around This Corner – Sarah Harmer
Flashback: The Art of Living – Denzal Sinclaire
Getting Back Together: You Musn’t Kick It Around – Erin McKeown
Wedding: Speak Softly Love – Harry Connick Jr.
Birth of Child: Alone Down There – Modest Mouse
Final Battle: This Town Ain't Big Enough for the Both of Us – Siouxsie & the Banshees
Death Scene: Mack the Knife – Ella Fitzgerald (from Ella in Berlin)
Funeral Song: Where Tear Drops Fall – Bob Dylan
End Credits: La Foule –Edith Piaf

for all of the randomness of iTunes some of the songs seem eerily fitting (i.e. "Life: I've Been Fooled -- Eleni Mandell"), and some just plain funny (i.e. "Prom: Where Did You Go? -- Peter Murray").

according to this site, the title of the women's TV network movie of my life, of which the above soundtrack is a part, would be titled: It's My Scurvy Damn It: Shannon's Story.

'k, back to work!

2 Comments:

Blogger 00 said...

I like my "birth of child" song: Whose Been Sleepin' Here- The Rolling Stones... hahahahaha

10:43 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda Bonner said...

*snort* *giggle*

12:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home