Tuesday, November 28, 2006

wishful thinking?

this past sunday:
i write in my blog, with a certain degree of whiny longing, for someone/some people to play music with.

yesterday:
i bump into heatherlovely, who will be housesitting for L&S this winter while they are in NYC. she's an accomplished pianist who wants to make good use of L's piano while she's enjoying the luxuries of the house. i've already gifted her with a pile of piano parts to some of my favourite pieces, including the bolling suite, some of my most cherished French pieces (fauré, ganne, chaminade), and ghosts of old ambition (franck and schubert). we're going to get together at least once before the holidays to play through some of it.

so i wonder ...

today:
i'm going to wish really

really

REALLY hard

and see what happens ...

3 Comments:

Blogger Meagan said...

too cute! I'd come play music with you! I miss piano..*sigh* maybe one day when I have a REAL job, I'll buy myself a baby-grand. Oh yeah. that's what I'm going to do.

3:32 p.m.  
Blogger 00 said...

Can you wish for Leonard Cohen for me?? I think that George Clooney is a very good use of your powers... oh and don't forget to wish for Cuba vacates every marking session for us too

8:01 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda Bonner said...

megs -- wandering minstrels i tell you! it's the way to go! think of the fame, the fortune ...

cm -- i like the fact that in some weird way my future respites from marking completely depend on castro's longevity.

9:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home