Wednesday, August 09, 2006

sage advice from wise friends

in the aftermath of my hellish couple of weeks (car accident, mom in hospital, rowing trauma, money problems, etc.) two friends have passed on some words of wisdom akin to lines from a karate kid script, and which are so wholesome and uplifting in their love and encouragement, i wanted to share them here.

i went to my mailbox this afternoon to find a card from the princess waiting for me. in it she wrote: "I miss you already and hope you are meeting with good luck, rest, health, and happiness [. . . .] Remember always how strong and special you are. I am always here (phone, email, in person, the latter always the best choice!)"

jules, who knows the value of a calming, creamy latte dispensed this wisdom: "Take heart, don't give up, these things will pass. It will get better. The world will turn again and the way will be smoother. Lattes will come to you."

lattes will come to me. i like that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Bonner said...

update: i was visited by the latte fairy on thursday. she left me a gift card from starbucks with a note attached, signed simply the "latte fairy". for those of you who haven't figured it out ... it was jules.

11:22 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home