Tuesday, July 25, 2006

what are friends for?

to help me recover from my little adventure this morning, confessingmermaid and i spent the afternoon just being girls: wearing dresses and our favourite shoes (in my case those black heeled sandals i talked about in an earlier post), having an indulgent lunch at my favourite restaurant, and shopping downtown followed by lattes. it was just the affirmation of normalcy that i needed.

while sipping our lattes at the local café, confessingmermaid was making me laugh till i cried with the crazy stories about her zanie british mummy ("it's important to feel fresh!"). we then took to talking about hair and eventually descended into the dubious zone of swapping driver's license photos. very dubious indeed.

according to CM in my driver's license photo i look like "a cross-eyed convict who has had her hair done with a weed wacker" and in my passport photo, which does double duty on my international student identity card, i look like "a chinese cupie doll with a wig and an artificial neck". it was difficult to feel maudlin about the future with assessments such as those!

i ask again: what are friends for?

and no, i'm not going to post the photos here.

1 Comments:

Blogger 00 said...

A Chinese cupie doll with a transplanted neck and painted lips, love! hehehehehe

1:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home